- I love LIMA! Why? It’s one big traffic jam! But I don’t care!
- Taking photos of this wonderful hotel! Macaw, 3 tortoises, paintings, busts, more repro Davids than you can count, giant gilt frames, old ceramic tiles, winding staircase… too cool!
- Breakfast at Cesars Cafe.
- Museum of the Inquisition.
- Bus to Miraflores … got off too early … long, long walk …
- Lunch Cafe Haiti … caught sight of bookstore across road. After much deliberation (felt I should be reading Conversation in a Cathedral by Vargas Llosa) bought Swann’s Way!
- Spent a wonderful hour reading & watching the world go by the Miraflores Central Park.
- Long slow bus ride back.
- Dinner at Bar Gordana.
- Staying at Hotel Espana, Lima (The Best Hotel in the World!)
Day 31 of South America holiday
From Notes notebook:
- 8am went across road to join our tour to the airport/flyover. Had to wait an hour at airport. Videos about the lines.
- Approx. 9.45am Finally got our flight. FAB!! British woman as sick as a perra – had to turn back. Picked up new passengers/up again – we now got to start again!
- Our bus out to Lima delayed till 2.30pm
- 2.35pm Now on bus heading 4 Lima.
- FINISHED THE BOOK THIEF.
- Murderous long traffic jam taxi to Hotel Espana. But then… my first glimpse of The Best Hotel in the World!